Golden Apple Scholars Program
Application: Golden Apple Scholars Application
Closing Date: December 15, 2020
Description: The Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois is a teacher preparation and scholarship program for high school seniors, and first- and second-year Illinois college students who have the determination and drive to be excellent teachers in Illinois schools-of-need. We prepare you for immediate and lasting success in the most challenging teaching environments.
Golden Apple Scholars Receive:
- Tuition support, up to $23,000
- Paid residential Scholar Institutes that include courses and extensive classroom/work experience
- Academic and social-emotional support
- Job placement assistance
- Mentoring from our award-winning teaching faculty
- Illinois High School Senior, Illinois Partner University Freshman or Sophomore, Illinois Community College Student.
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (DACA recipients) and resident of Illinois.
- Be a resident of Illinois (if you are dependent, both you and your parent/guardian must be residents of Illinois)
- ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS:*
Every application submitted to Golden Apple Scholars receives a holistic review. This means every piece of your application is reviewed and considered in order to make a decision. One single item does not determine your application decision.
STANDARDIZED TEST SCORES:
Standardized test scores are optional and not required for acceptance to the Golden Apple Scholars Program. The review committee will closely review the strength of course selection, G.P.A., grade trending, personal statements and overall involvement for students wishing not to submit test scores.
Students accepted into the Scholars program must submit test scores after induction to assist in research purposes.
Home school students are required to submit test scores for application review.