Closing Date: 4/1/2022
The Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois program is a teacher preparation and tuition assistance program for high school seniors and freshman and sophomore Illinois college students who have the determination and drive to be highly effective teachers in Illinois schools-of-need. We prepare aspiring teachers for immediate and lasting success in the most challenging teaching environments.
- Up to $23,000 in total financial assistance for college, inclusive of paid Scholar Institutes
- Extensive classroom teaching experience
- Academic and social-emotional support
- Job placement assistance
- Mentoring from our award-winning teaching faculty
- Complete online application including references and personal statements.
- Upload Unofficial Transcripts
- Standardized Test Scores (ACT or SAT)
- Standardized test scores are optional and not required for acceptance to the Golden Apple Scholars Program. The review committee will closely review the strength of course selection, G.P.A., grade trending, personal statements and overall involvement for students wishing not to submit test scores.
- Students accepted into the Scholars program must submit test scores after induction to assist in research purposes.
- Home school students are required to submit test scores for application review.
- Participate in prospective Scholar interviews