Directions for JTHS students to install the latest version of Microsoft Office on up to 5 devices for free!
- Log into your student email account
- Once Logged in, Click on the setting gears in top right corner
- Then, click on "Office 365" under 'My app settings'
- From here, click on the Settings Tab and the Software
- Click Install and follow the install directions: you may need to click run & restart your computer as prompted.
For additional help email the Central Help Desk.
JT Learn is Joliet Township High School’s online learning environment.
On JT Learn, students and teachers collaborate with one another to complete classroom activities and discussions. Teachers can use the calendar feature on JT Learn to publish assignment information and due dates along with any supporting documents.
JTHS believes that the integration of technology is essential to motivating and engaging students in rigorous and relevant lessons. 1:1 technology provides anytime/anywhere learning and opens the doors to the critical thinking and problem-solving skills that students need to compete and contribute in our global society.
Every student has the opportunity to have a computing device issued to him or her for continuous learning. Students demonstrate the character attribute of responsibility through proper device care, digital citizenship, internet safety, collaborative learning and more.
Answers to some 1:1 frequently asked questions:
- There is no charge for the initial device and peripherals.
- Filtering software is installed on each student’s device.
- A signed Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) must be on file and outstanding technology fees paid in order to be eligible for a device.
- Eligible students are issued a device at scheduled distribution, the first two days of school or when they become eligible.
- When available, loaners are temporarily issued while a device needs to be serviced. This does depend on the issue and charges may apply.
- The device must be returned in working condition at the end of the school year, upon withdrawal from the school district, or upon request of a staff member. Fines may be assessed upon return.
- Stolen devices must immediately be reported to authorities. Thefts that occur off campus must be reported to the police and a copy of the report provided to the school, and thefts that occur on campus must be reported to the student’s dean or the school’s police liaison officer.
- Internet access is available to students on site before, during and after school hours. Students can also use community access points such as the public library or a local business. In addition, high-speed internet access can be purchased by families qualifying for free/reduced lunch through Comcast for $9.95 a month. Promotions and/or additional eligibility criteria may apply. Please visit InternetEssentials.com.
Phone: (815) 727-6860
Home Access Center: email@example.com
West Help Deck: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday - Friday
7am - 4pm
Monday - Thursday
7am - 5pm