Joliet West Spectator Information-Basketball
We are excited to announce that we are approved for limited spectators. Please see the below guidelines for attending an event. No ticket, no entry. As much as we would like to allow everyone to attend, we must follow the state mandates. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
- Spectators will be only be allowed at SPC home games only for Basketball. Please note that the visiting team spectators will NOT be allowed at any away events.
- Spectators are limited to immediate household members or guardians of participants, limit of 2 per student-athlete.
Every Monday, your child will receive their tickets for the week. Each game (varsity, sophomore/JV, freshman) will have a separate ticket for entry. If tickets are lost, we cannot replace them for that game. Spectators MUST bring the assigned paper ticket for entry and complete the pre-certification.
Day of Event Information
VERY IMPORTANT- Joliet West boys & girls basketball spectators enter DOOR 6 (by the cafeteria, park by Glenwood). The athletes will enter by the Fieldhouse Door 14.
- Spectators can enter 15 minutes prior to contest time and doors close 15 minutes after the contest starts.
- Each spectator will need to complete pre-certification and display the green clearance code upon entering. You can do this at the gate or 1 hour prior to the game. Please scan this QR Code to complete the pre-certification. Pre-Certification must be done immediately prior to arrival (this includes inputting your temperature).
- Spectators for basketball will also have their temperature taken at school. Spectators for bowling will have to self-report their temperature on the pre-certification link. If your temperature is above 100.4 or you exhibit any symptoms, you will not be allowed entrance.
- All spectators must wear a face covering that fully covers their nose and mouth and fits snugly against the sides of the face with no gaps while at the event.
- All spectators will be asked if they have had any contact with someone that has COVID-19 within the past 14 days. If the answer is yes, they will not be allowed entrance.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the gate and the entrance to the gym.
- For sophomore and varsity boys basketball games, we will metal detect.
- Spectators will sit socially distant from one another. Spectators must sit 30 feet from the competition area. A JTHS staff member will direct you to the designated location. Families can sit together.
- Concessions will not be available and outside food and drink is not allowed.
After the game:
Immediately after the game, spectators must leave the gym so our staff can sanitize the gym. Bleachers/Chairs will be sanitized after each contest. Lower level spectators will not be allowed to stay for varsity contests and varsity spectators cannot enter until the lower level game is finished. Freshman A and B basketball spectators can stay for both games.