A message from Dr. Gibson: Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year at Joliet West High School! The first day of school is Monday, August 19, 2019. Please download and review the West Summer Newsletter prior to the first day of school to learn about our school's procedures, expectations, and resources. I look forward to working with you this year at Joliet West.
Sign up for JTHS Text Messages
Text messaging is used to deliver district information of high importance such as school closings and emergency information. To receive JTHS text messages, text "Y" to 67587.
Cashless System for Student Lunch
Cash is not accepted in the cafeteria. All students and staff should create and pre-pay a lunch account online at www.myschoolbucks.com. Deposits can be made online or through the school Textbook Center/Cashier Office. All deposits take 24-hours to be processed. To purchase meals, individuals scan their school ID to deduct the meal cost from their prepaid balance.
West Bus Routes
Students must live more than 1.5 miles from the school to be eligible to ride a bus. The 1.5-mile boundary is shown on the Map of NON-Busable areas shown below. Students living less than 1.5 miles will NOT be allowed to ride the bus.
Click on the following to learn more:
West Summer Newsletter
Make sure to check out the Joliet West 2019 Summer Newsletter, which contains important information that families should read before the new school year begins. Click here to download the West Summer Newsletter.
Topics in the Summer Newsletter include:
- 1:1 Initiative Device Distribution
- Appropriate Cell Phone Use
- Back to School
- Blended Learning
- Cafeteria News
- Calculator Recommendation
- Class of 2020
- Daily Schedule
- Emergency E-Learning Days
- Family Engagement Liaisons
- Free Hotspot Devices Available
- Home Access Center
- Nursing News
- Perfect Attendance
- Safety and Security
- School Fees and Waiver Application
- School Safety
- Senior Pictures and Yearbook Sales
- Student IDs
- Student Media Permissions
- Student Parking
- Summer Learning Activities
- Summer Reading Information
- Student Arrival and Dismissal 2019 - 2020
- Teacher Qualification
Support Groups for Students
Support groups for students are facilitated by JTHS, community organizations, or government agencies. All groups are held on campus during the school day. Click here to download the Support Groups Flyer to learn more.
Upcoming JWHS events include:
• August 19: First Day of Classes
• August 20: Board of Education Meeting
• September 2: Labor Day - No School
• September 4: Open House & FAFSA Night- Early Dismissal