The JTHS Job Shadowing Experience provides all sophomore students with the unique opportunity to gain a better understanding of their career interests. By partnering with area businesses and employers, this experience ensures students walk away with incredible knowledge and a personalized first-hand encounter to guide them in their career planning.
Why Job Shadowing?
- Gives students the opportunity to figure out if their career interests are really what they want to pursue in the future.
- Allows students to make informed decisions about their post-secondary options
- Helps students understand the connection of classroom learning to real life applications
- Gives students the opportunity to learn about the education and skills required for their career interests
- Allows students an opportunity to network with others who share the same career interests as they do
"I shadowed a pediatric nurse at St. Joe's Hospital for my job shadowing experience my sophomore year. It gave me a better understanding of what a doctor's typical day was like, and it gave me good experience to talk about in my college applications and interviews for medical school. It was also a great way to gain familiarity with different specialties in the medical environment to help me narrow down my career interests."
Tia Roland- Student at Joliet West