The Department of Business Services is directly responsible for a 125 million dollar budget and the daily operation and management of the Business Office, Human Resources, Buildings & Grounds, Transportation, Activities & Athletics, Food Service and Information Technology Services. JTHS's Business Office takes pride in receiving the prestigious Certificate of Excellence (COE) in Financial Reporting award from The Association of School Business Officials (IASBO) for 26 consecutive years.
Mission: To support Student Achievement through efficient financial planning and resource allocation.
Through proactive planning, strategies and implementation of financial directives, The Office of Business Services seeks to lead the fiscal initiatives and vision of the District, partnering with the Board of Education, administrative bodies and key stakeholders in pursuit of educational excellence through prudent business practices and procedures.
- To directly support and implement the vision of the Office of the Superintendent and the Board of Education
- To collaborate with stakeholders to assess the ongoing business needs of the District
- To serve as the primary and direct lead in the areas of Human Resources, Technology, Activities & Athletics, Student Services, Buildings & Grounds, Finance, employee benefits, risk management and crisis management
- To continually strive for methodologies that support our financial principles while adhering to all local, state and national governances
- To design, implement and oversee all budgetary and operational affairs within the district
- To comply with state-mandated protocols related to financial planning, processes and procedures
- To operate with integrity and transparency in all matters related to Business Services and the District which is serves