Academy of Arts & Communication
JTHS Presents the 2018 Spring Musical
"The Addams Family, School Edition"
A dark comedy centering around Wednesday Addams' love life
March16th, 17th & 18th
. Tickets will be available at http://www.jtwestchoir.org or at the door for $8.00. Fri & Sat., 7pm and Sun., 2pm in the Joliet West Auditorium
The Academy of Arts & Communication is a small learning community where students receive a rigorous and relevant curriculum that prepares them for success in the pathways of Media Communications, Performing Arts and Visual Arts.
The Academy of Arts and Communication provides students with a comprehensive educational experience. The following opportunities are unique to the Academy of Arts and Communications. Opportunities may be campus-specific or subject to availability
based upon enrollment and other factors.
- Band, Choir, Orchestra, Speech, Art and Journalism competitions sponsored by the IHSA, Southwest Suburban
- Conference and/or the Illinois Music Educators Association
- Fall Play, Spring Musical, Opera Scenes and Variety Show concerts and performances
- Art Honor Society, Drama Club and Art Club
- Academy-specific electives such as Journalism, Yearbook, Choir, Band, Orchestra, Art and Drama
- Dual Credit and AP course offerings such as Interior Design, Fashion Construction 2, and Apparel Merchandising/Design
- Job Shadowing experiences related to Career Academy
- Lewis University Academy Day and college/career exploration
For a complete listing of academy-specific electives and Dual Credit/AP course
offerings, visit the online Course Offerings Guide.
B.A. University of Illinois
M.A. Governor's State Univ.
Darcy A. Bowen