1. Students will receive registration materials during the first semester so that parents will have the opportunity to discuss with their students the career academy options and course selections.
2. Each student will meet with the counselor to complete scheduling. Students will be given a copy of their course selections to take home to their parents.
3. Any questions regarding the course selections should be addressed to the counselor.
4. All requests for schedule changes must be received by the designated deadline.
Schedule Change Requests:
Because the registration process for the next school year begins early in the school year, ample time is allowed for careful planning by counselors, parents, and students. Parents will have an adequate amount of time to review the student's schedule. Once students schedules are finalized by the deadline in the spring, students are permitted to make changes only when the changes fall within the established guidelines listed below:
1. A change due to summer school attendance.
2. A change due to a failure in the prerequisite for the course a student has requested.
3. A change due to an unresolved scheduling conflict.
4. A change due to health problems. A written statement from the student's physician is required.
5. A change made to correct a scheduling error made by the school staff.
6. Level changes are only made for the next academic school year and require a recommendation from the current core content teacher. Level change documents must be signed by the core content teacher and the appropriate District Curriculum Director before they are submitted to the counselor for consideration.
Beginning with the Class of 2011, students who fail a course may only repeat a course one additional time during the regular school day.
Options for recovering credit include:
1. Summer School - highly recommended due to the consistency with J.T.H.S. curriculum
2. Correspondence Course - credit limit of two (2) per School Board Policy 6:310
3. J.T.H.S. Credit Recovery Program - if available