JTHS blended learning opportunities challenge and empower students to become active learners through both face to face and on-line instruction. This format allows students more flexibility and control over when they choose to learn. In addition, the blended learning structure exposes students to the online learning environments they are likely to experience in college as well as the work-place. Courses currently being offered include:
- English 2
- English 2 Honors
- English 3
- AP English 3 Language & Composition
- English 4
- AP English 4 Literature & Composition
- Rhetoric 101/102 (Dual Credit)
- Advanced Algebra
- Advanced Algebra Honors
- Probability & Statistics
- US History
- AP US History
- Food Fundamentals
- Health Careers
- Early Childhood Education
- Consumer Economics
- Medical Terminology
- Provide innovative alternatives of teaching and learning to challenge students and improve student engagement in the learning process.
- Offer flexible learning arrangements to better meet the needs of all students, giving students personalized instruction and greater individual autonomy as they learn.
- Enhancement of students’ digital literacy skills as well as content knowledge.
Video: JTHS West students describe the blended learning experience.