Joliet Central High School
201 E. Jefferson Street
Joliet, Illinois 60432
Phone: (815) 727-6740 or 727-6789
Fax: (815) 727-6824 or (815) 727-6825
John Randich, Principal
Brian Shaw, Assistant Principal
Dr. Jennifer Webb-Rea, Assistant Principal
Letter from the President
Joliet Central Parent Club for 2012-13
The Principal’s Office is interested in improving student performance by working in partnership with students, staff, family and community.
School Improvement Goal: Every student will have a parent/guardian attend at least one event (Open House, Parent Club Meeting, athletic event, special program) at Joliet Central during 2012-2013.
Highlights from 2011-2012 Parent Club Meetings:
1. Held monthly educational topics of current events like financial aid, district finances, sophomore job shadowing, Brother2 Brother, and dual credit.
2. Provided input on parent involvement strategies for the Joliet Central School Improvement Plan (2009-2012).
3. Funded two parent club scholarships (2 @ $300).
4. Hosted an end of the year breakfast for all staff.
5. Provided monthly (and yearly) raffles (shirts, gift cards, hats, pens) for parents who attend parent club meetings.
6. Conducted parent survey at the beginning of the school (August) and an online parent survey (150 responses) at the end of school (May).
7. Parental involvement on the School Improvement Team and Rising Star Committee
Plans for 2012-2013
Volunteers needed for: Parent Club Secretary; School Improvement Team, District Improvement Team and Rising Star Committee. Call Principal Randich at 727-6741.
1. Increase attendance at the monthly parent club meetings.
2. Host special Parent Information Sessions in addition to the regular monthly meetings
3. Investigate fund raising to keep the scholarships and the end-of-the-year breakfast
4. Volunteers are welcome to become members of the School Improvement Team or the Rising Star Committee
5. Open a Career Center/Parent Resource Center (Room 279)
6. Identify a Central Campus parent liaison with the District Athletic Booster Club
7. Increase the number of families who attend Open House (Sept. 11) and the Steelmen Academy Showcase/8th grade step-up day (Dec. 6)
Special Parent Club Sessions:
August 13-Fall Sports Parent Meeting at 7pm in the Auditorium
September 6-Sophomore Job Shadowing at 6pm in the Auditorium
November 7-Winter Sports Parent Meeting at 7pm in the Auditorium
November 9-Veteran's Day Program and Reception (P8 and after school)
December 6-Steelmen Academy Preview at 6pm in the Auditorium
January 22-Financing College at 7pm in the Auditorium
March 11-Spring Sports Parent Meeting at 7pm in the Auditorium
Joliet Central Parent Club Executive Officers:
Toni Gawenda-Vice President
6-6:30pm-Monthly Educational Topic (Sample topics from 2011-2012 include: School Improvement Plan, Job Shadowing, Financing College, Home Access Center, Census, Gang Awareness, School Security and Safety)
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Principal’s and Assistant Principal’s Reports
Meetings usually last one hour
No dues or fees
NO FUND RAISERS OR COMMITTEES; WE DO NOT HAVE BAKE SALES, CANDY SALES, RAFFLE TICKETS OR ANY OTHER FUND RAISERS. You will not be asked to serve on any committees
Find out what’s really happening at Joliet Central High School; you will be pleasantly surprised!