Academy of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
The Academy of Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics is a small learning community where students receive a rigorous and relevant curriculum that prepares them for success in the pathways of Architecture, Construction & Manufacturing; Engineering & Science; and Transportation, Distribution & Logistics.
The Academy of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) provides students with a comprehensive educational experience. The following opportunities are unique to the STEM Academy. Opportunities may be campus-specific or subject to availability based on enrollment and other factors.
Architecture classes provide real-world experience with design through partnerships with local architects
- Drafting, Welding and Math competitions
- Joliet Cyborgs Robotics Team and FIRST Robotics competition
- Science Club, Chemistry Club, Auto Club, Welding Club
- Mathemagic Spectacular and Pi Week Math Teacher
- Recognition school events and activities
- Academy-specific electives such as Woods Technology,
- 3D Computer Animation, Architectural Drafting, Metals
- Technology, and Introduction to Engineering
- Dual Credit and AP course offerings such as Biology,
- Pre-Calculus, Architectural Drafting, Welding Technology,
- Vocational Auto Mechanics, and Trigonometry
- Job Shadowing experiences related to Career Academy
For a complete listing of academy-specific elective and Dual Credit/AP course offerings, visit the online Course Offerings Guide.
Lynn E. Benson
B.S. Illinois State University
M.A Governors State University