Academy of Business Management & Information Systems (BMIS)
The Academy of Business Management & Information Services is a small learning community where students receive a rigorous and relevant curriculum that prepares them for success in the pathways of Business Management & Administration, Finance and Marketing; Information Technology; and Culinary Arts & Hospitality.
The Academy of Business Management and Information Systems (BMIS) provides students with a comprehensive educational
experience. The following opportunities are unique to the BMIS
Academy opportunities may be campus-specific or subject to
availability based upon enrollment and other factors.
- Pro Start Certification and National Achievement Certification for Culinary Arts available to students through the National Restaurant Association
- Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway marketing projects
- Abri Credit Union and Salon Professionals Cosmetology School partnerships
- Academy-specific electives such as Marketing, Accounting, Culinary Arts, and Web Design
- Dual Credit and AP course offerings such as Computer Applications, Desktop Publishing, and Statistics
- Job Shadowing experiences related to Career Academy pathways
*For a complete listing of academy-specific electives and Dual Credit/AP course
offerings, visit the online Course Offerings Guide
B.S. Illinois State University
M.A. Governors State University